Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tom Shadyac Presents 'I Am' at the Savannah Film Festival!

Hello everyone! Dove (Areya) here! Today, I experienced Tom Shadyac's new documentary, 'I Am' at the Savannah Film Festival. I must say that everyone needs to see this film. It was moving, inspiring, and enlightening and I cannot wait to see it again when it comes out in February!

Here's a synopsis of the film: I Am is the story of a successful Hollywood director, Tom Shadyac, who experienced a life-threatening head injury, and his ensuing journey to try to answer two very basic questions: "What's wrong with our world?" and "What can we do about it?" Tom visits some of today's great minds, including authors, poets, teachers, religious leaders, and scientists searching for the fundamental endemic problem that causes other problems.

The film acknowledges the wisdom of ancient Native American and other indigenous cultures and shows how their traditions and the belief that we are all connected is now being proven today with quantum physics. This is the first documentary I have seen drawing a connection between these two subjects (something I myself and my partner, Falcon, have been doing for years) and I thanked Tom profusely when I had the pleasure and honor of meeting (and hugging!) him today. I recorded the Question and Answer session following the screening of the film and Part 1 is below for your viewing pleasure (and enlightenment). Parts 2 and 3 will be posted to YouTube in the next few hours. Enjoy!






No comments: